Sunday, December 14, 2008

KIDS HAVE AMAZING HEALING POWERS!!!

It was a cold, snowing, blowing, miserable day. The perfect day to be cuddled up in sweats and sitting by the fireplace. No such luck for me. I spent my day investigating crashes and standing out in the cold. Dealing with people who have just experienced one of the bigger investments being demolished. Working a 10 hours shift not having enough time to stop by the house for a cup of hot chocolate. I felt like I was the only working officer around and did it all myself. Notice I said "FELT." I was a little discouraged. I was broken (Grumpy, grouchy and a little mad).
Nothing could help me now. I came home late because that's just how my day went. I pulled into the driveway and saw Kyler, behind my snow blower, and a perfectly clean driveway. WOW!!
Did I see that right? Did I bump my head? My son Kyler?

Kyler met me with a smile..... Guess what I did Dad? I went through the neighbor hood and clean snow off of driveways for people who couldn't do it themselves.......

SERVICE

A parent always wonders if their children really hear and listen when they talk. We wonder what our kids will grow up to be like. Will they grow up to be helpful, to serve others and to be a good neighbor? Today he was!!!!

So, needless to say my mood was changed...... I have been reminded by one of my Hero's, My Son, that although I spent my day in the cold....... At work............ Away from my Hot Choco and Family......... I was Helping others, in their time of need... when they couldn't do it themselves.....

AND SO I WAS HEALED!!

i lOVE yOU kYLER !!!

1 comment:

"M" Clan said...

He is a great kid, when I was coming home he was plowing Thomson's with the same huge smile- he's lucky to have great parents!