Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lights.......Family..........Fun !!!



Its been a while since I've written anything, and we did actually enjoy the holiday season. We even had a chance to get out of town and spend time with family. And not to mention a little R&R. We got a room at a nice Hotel and spent lots of time in the indoor pool. Jessica had never seen the Christmas lights at temple square in SLC so we planned a 2 day trip just for that reason. We meet up with some of my cousins and made a great weekend of it.








We got so lost downtown because of the snow and I 'll admitt my internal compass was messed up, we ended up buying a Garmen GPS. It is so helpful and made the weekend alot easier. Because my cousin James knows everything about SLC and surrounding areas, we name the Garmen >>>>JAMES.....








Here are some of the pictures from around the Square....




It was snowing on us so we bundled up ... Kyler and Zac didn't even feel the cold. Tough Idaho kids..





My cousin Jason is a ball, you just can't help but laugh when he's around...




For those of you who don't know, Jessica Croxford, meet Jessica Croxford. My weekend was somewhat difficult every time I needed one, I got both. I started calling My Jessica, "Wife", so there was no confusion.




I guess it was one of the biggest storms in a long time. But being around the Temple and seeing all the lights, it was well worth it. We weren't the only ones out though, lots of people came out to enjoy the holiday season and enjoy the beauty of it all...






Alyvia had the right idea.......


staying in the stroller with blankets wrapped around her


I wish they made a Jon size stroller






Topped off with a great dinner at Red Lobster where the entire place was curious to find out what was so funny at our table, because of Jason no doubt, it was the perfect pre Christmas vacation.






2 comments:

"M" Clan said...

NICE! We totally missed the lights this year, thank's for sharing!

zannyzoozoo said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous. I really wanted to see the lights at SLC temple square this year. Per and I are talking about spending Christmas and New Year's in Utah and Idaho next year...assuming we both still have jobs in 6 months! Be glad your job is one that's pretty much recession proof ;-) love zan