Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fishing at Flaming Gorge!!

Since I've know Mike I've know his love for family and fishing. What better than to do it together.
Mike called me one day in March, I think. And said, "Hey Jon, What are you doing on the 24 and 25 of June?" I told him I was washing my hair. "I don't know Mike, why?"
Mike told me he was renting a private fishing boat with a guide to catch some great big giant fish, and he wanted to take me. He told me there was room for 4 and Mom, Scott and he were already reserved. Well, you all know that Kyler's Birthday is the 25th of June... What do I do? What do I do?
Count me in Mike, I'll be there..


Well Kyler was in Evanstan Wyoming that weekend on a baseball tournament anyway, so I'll go to Flaming Gorge and on the way back we planned to drop me off in Evanstan for the games.



Back to fishing. We drove down to Maila Ut and found where we were to meet at the lake the next morning. There were antelope everywhere.
We stayed the night in a little cabin like room. Scott and I shared the hide-a-bed. Scott tried snuggling me several times. As well as the snuggling, Scott kicked, snored, tossed and turned, and farted all night long. Needless to say I was ready to go fishing in the morning.

We got on the boat before the sun came up and were off and running. The weather was nice only a light jacket was needed. When the guide got us set up, and the down riggors in the water we decided that Mike and Mom would get the first fish of the day. Well, Mom and Mike were enjoying sitting in the cabin at the table talking and when the first fish hit the line. The guide went crazy yelling for someone to get it. Scott and I waiting for Mom to get up and grab the pole just about got screamed to death. I was close enough to grab the pole and reel in the first fish of the day but stepped aside and let Scott do it. Guess what? Scott caught the BIGGEST fish of the day. His only one, but still the biggest!!!

Mom caught the next fish for the 2nd largest fish of the day. A beautiful fish!! And watching Mom fight it was pretty stinkin funny.

I caught a smaller Rainbow then Mike pulled in the 3rd largest fish of the day!

My fish was so pretty. I caught three that day. Two looked just like this one and the other was a little smaller. Mike looks disappointed at me.... Sorry I only catch small fish Mike... Just Kidding...

We found out that I caught my smallest fish by the tail, and the one I'm holding I caught by the eye. So I'm not so much and great fisherman, but the fish were extremely unlucky that day.


Well it turned out Scott didn't sleep very well either the night before, cause he crashed out of the guides bed for about 2 hours. What a wimp!!!



I never knew Flaming Gorge had Swedish fish!!
I am good at catching those...

No comments: