Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas at the Croxfords…

I know my blog entries are after the fact, but, better late than never!!!





Every year we celebrate the holiday season by inviting the icon of the modern day Christmas into our home. You guessed it, Santa Clause came to town. When I was younger I marveled at the big SC and how when Dad took us the Lions Club Christmas party's, Kris Kringle himself showed up and never missed calling my name. How could that happen? Santa MUST be real. And often Santa would even come to our home and visit us. Well over the years I’ve grown and learned that the excitement of Santa and the holiday season doesn’t ever have to go away. I mean…………..let the goods time roll, right?







I became good friends with Santa and asked him to continue the tradition and visit my kids. So every year we throw a party and invite our friends and the guest of honor shows up and works his magic. It helps keep me young watching the children’s eyes glow with excitement and wonder, waiting for Santa to call their name. And one by one, sure enough, each kid is called by their name to sit on Santa’s lap and receive a gift.



Some of the older kids had to be talked into it.....





and others did not have to be talked into it, they came right up and found thier spot!!













It’s just a taste of course, we wouldn’t want to ruin the big day and the time when Santa really brings it home. This is what Christmas looks like at our house.







































Jessica's neice Lacy and Alyvia dressed in thier princess attire..


Lacy is Danny's (Jessica's Brother) oldest Daughter

Confused yet?









I’m grateful for the time with my family and thank God that he blesses me with all I have. But, I'm glad its over for another year...... Its time to recoupe..

No comments: